- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel exterior
- Stainless steel splined shaft
- Hermetically-sealed windings
- StatorShield™ resin system
- Filter check valve
- Water lubrication
- Kingsbury-type thrust bearing
- Pressure-equalizing diaphragm
- Built-in lightning arrestors (All single-phase; 200 & 300 V three-phase)
- Removable water bloc lead
- Franklin-manufactured control boxes available for single-phase motors
- UL 778 recognized (North American voltages)
- CSA certified
- ANSI/NSF 61 certified
- Industry standard NEMA mounting dimensions
- Flow inducer sleeve not required in water up to 86 °F (30 °C) for motors through 2 hp.
- Two-wire motors are split-phase designs with integral starting components and do not require a control box. They feature Franklin’s patented 2-wire BIAC starting switch which provides Reverse Impact Torque to aid starting in adverse environments and prevents extreme fast cycling (e.g. water logged tank).
- Three-wire motors through 1 hp use Franklin’s exclusive three-wire QD (Quick Disconnect) Control Box with the patented QD Relay. This relay provides the ultimate in operational life.
- Single-phase motors can be used with Pumptec products to protect against dry-run and other installation conditions that can damage motors and/or pumps. See Single-phase Protection Devices for details.
Constant Pressure Options
- Use Franklin’s MonoDrive controller with 11⁄2 hp three-wire single-phase motors to provide constant water pressure.
- Three-phase motors can be used with SubDrive controllers to provide constant water pressure.
Pollution Recovery Option
- Pollution Recovery motors are equipped for use in monitoring and recovery wells in which hydrocarbons and other chemicals may be present.
- Special Viton® rubber parts and other chemical resistant materials as listed in Construction Materials chart.
- These motors are built for dependable operation in 4” diameter or larger water wells.